Why should you join The Canadian Addison Society?
- A quarterly Newsletter will keep you in-touch with other members and offer you the latest information regarding Adrenal Insufficiency.
- An open and active support network of people who know what you mean when you say, "I've hit the energy wall and don't know what to do". You will meet people who can offer personal and individual suggestions on how they control their condition.
- You won't feel so alone in fighting this rare and life altering disease. Our membership includes people who have lived full and happy lives with Adrenal Insufficiency for over 50 years!
- You will support the ongoing development of an important website that can link you to support groups and information all around the globe.
- You will be able to ask an excellent Endocrinologist, Dr. D.W. Killinger, your questions about Adrenal Insufficiency.
- You will support education of medical personnel on how to treat Addisonians in the case of a crisis.
- You will assist in keeping the Canadian Addison Society alive for the benefit of all.
If you have recently been diagnosed with Adrenal Insufficiency, you need support — now! Talking with others who share your disease is essential to understanding how to live with it. It is easy to feel alone and victimized by such a rare and life altering disease. The Canadian Addison Society can introduce you to other people in your area who share your experience, and are able to offer suggestions on how to not only survive Addison's disease, but also thrive.
If you have had Adrenal Insufficiency for some time, the Canadian Addison Society’s website can offer you sources to the latest information on medications and research into the causes of Adrenal Insufficiency. The Society’s Medical Advisor, Dr. D.W. Killinger Endocrinologist, will answer your questions via our website. As well, the newly diagnosed patients will benefit greatly from your hard-earned wisdom and experience.
If you are a family member of a person living with Adrenal Insufficiency, you are living with someone who needs you to know about the treatment of his or her condition. You may need to save their life in a crisis. Don't hide — learn to recognize the signs of crisis or under-medication, learn when and how to inject them with Solu-Cortef if needed, learn about why some crave salt and get tired easily. Learn how to live with Adrenal Insufficiency! All members of a family are each welcome to become members.